We are proud to present the 9th Annual:
Solutions for Learning Conference: Enhancing Minds
Our conference features a morning keynote address, followed by 3 sessions of breakout presentations with 4 presentations to choose from. Along with a day filled with important information sharing, participants will have a great opportunity to network with like-minded individuals to build professional development and expand their knowledge on supporting students with Learning Disabilities and/or ADHD.
Morning Keynote Presentation: “Building Resilience in Students with Learning Disabilities”
Presented by DJ Cunningham
Presentation Description: Half of the challenge with finding success with any disability is managing self-esteem. If one can find the tools to increase and keep their self-esteem intact, resiliency and creating success is an option. DJ Cunningham, who is the owner of LEARNstyle Ltd., Ontario’s largest student services software and training company, lives with both ADHD and a Learning Disability. DJ will speak to his experiences in creating a holistic tool kit of esteem creating strategies that build resilience; including everything from fitness, to technology, to small victories. These tools can benefit students with Learning Disabilities but can also be used with students of all abilities.
DJ Cunningham is co-founder and CEO of LEARNstyle Limited, a multi-million dollar technology training and app development company based in Toronto. LEARNstyle has taken the education market by storm, a true disruptor in this space. Since launched, it has become the largest provider of education technology training and student service software in the province. Both the company and DJ have received numerous awards and recognition for the work they do to support learning in education and in business. DJ was featured in a TedX talk as well as being featured on CBC and CTV news. To get to this point has not been an easy journey for DJ, and his passion and expertise grows out of a deep personal understanding of both the positive and negative impacts of learning. His learning experiences have been impacted by his learning disability and it was not until he knew ‘how he learned’—that things began to change which have had a positive and lifelong impact on his self-esteem.
Early Bird Ticket Rates Available Until February 1, 2020
Featured Breakout Presentations
Breakout Session A (10:30 – 11:45 am):
- The Importance of Phonological Awareness in Reading Disorders
- Tech: Not a Direct Path to Success
- Building Executive Function Skills at Home: Applications for Students with ADD and ADHD.
- Math and LD: Strategies to Improve Student Achievement in the Elementary Math Classroom
Breakout Session B (12:30 – 1:45 pm):
- The Dread Inside My Child’s Head: Mental Health and Learning Struggles
- Assessing Thinking in Fluid, Manageable and Authentic Ways
- ATSelect: Finding the Right Assistive Technology for Your Student
- Does Your Classroom Cultivate Student Resilience?
Breakout Session C (2:00 – 3:15pm):
- Creativity and Learning Disabilities: A Hidden Potential
- Recognizing and Understanding Girls with ADHD: An Overview of Myths and Common Differences in Clinical Presentations
- Climbing the Literacy Ladder
- App Smashing – Exploring Digital Tools For Everyday Support